I made these 2 cards on Saturday, it all started with looking at the actualy working space on my
desk shrinking and shrinking cos I had so many scraps creeping in to the middle! I pulled out all the scraps, threw away the tiny ones (why do I insist on keeping unusable sized scraps?! {sigh}) and pulled out some stamped images to make cards with. This kitty from The Cat's Pajamas was there so got layered up with a scalloped nestabilitie piece, some papers from my scrap stash, some beautiful Prima flowers (I don't care if everyone else is over them, I LOVE them still!) with jewels in the centres and some pretty satin ribbon. I glitzed up Kitty's pearls with Kindyglitz too, for a little sparkle!
And then I found this Toilet-girl stamped out on my desk. I love these stamps by Scenic Route
and so I thought why don't I make a card for once that I would like to be given to me. Something funky, a bit retro with lots of my fave symbols and pieces on it. Don't get me wrong, I usually do like the cards I make and would like them to be given to me, but this one was something different. Cos I didn't think about what other people would think of it.. so here it is.. I just used a black felt pen to draw the mary-jane shoes, bracelet, necklace and heart on the toilet-girl, isn't she so cute! The skull tape was from Yvette for my birthday and I already had that piece of scallop paper kicking around on my desk (see- ridiculous shaped paper scrap!) so I jewelled each "bump". Then there was a big empty space at the top so I used an a-symetrical flourish and stamped the sentiment and punched it out with a circle punch. Isn't the sentiment so cute!! "Hey You!" So if anyone is visiting me they may steal away this card and send it back to me in the post! Anyone... anyone.. LOL!
:) C
2 comments:
I think "Toilet Girl" needs a new name. ...how about Lulu (boom boom!)
WV:Dally
Thank you for my almost dally update "The Hours Between".
Lulu it is!
And I think I'll call the boy version Jon. HAHAHAHAHAH!! Hillarious.
Lulu and Jon. I like it :)
Post a Comment