Friday, March 27, 2009

She is a sewing machine!

LOOK MUM, ARE YOU PROUD OF ME?!!!!! I MADE THIS!!

Wow, what a massive sense of accomplishment I have tonight... cos I made this from pattern to finished product in 3.5hrs!! Is that a long time? Ok, I don't sew all that often! And the last time I actually finished something, like totally on my own was about..... never! I usually need Mum's help or encouragement or sewing skills to finish projects... so Mum, I hope you feel the pride that I'm feeling right now! Cos not only does this little beauty actually look like the picture, but I don't think I made any boo boos at all! Awesome {high five... slap!} I got the kit from the Mathilda markets last weekend, it's by Sew Your Own and is just so so so so cute! The kit cost $25 but the full pattern is inside so I want to make it again in totally different colours, maybe greens and pinks, sweet! I think I was really drawn to the colours in this kit though, especially the turquoise and black combo, it's so cool! I utilised my wonderful patchwork skills (thanks Mum for the tuition {hugs!}) and I am so pleased with how she turned out. Pleased as punch!! The pattern allows for a 1cm seam allowance though, so I have acres of seams in this little baby!

And here she is, relaxing with a little hoot of owls beside the TV. I have 2 things to do now.. decide where to put her, and what to call her. I was thinking Babushka's need a cool name like Olga or Gerta. Any suggestions?

Will and I are off to V-Festival at Centennial Park tomorrow.. awesome! Duffy, The Killers, Kaiser Chiefs, Snow Patrol.. should be coolio!

Have a good weekend!

:) C

1 comment:

Yvette Adams said...

Oh my goodness I LOVE THIS!!! Can I pretty please borrow the pattern? Or can you copy it for me? I need to make one!! You have done a wonderful job! She looks perfect!

Have an awesome time today!!

WV: wayst
I have no wayst - mum always said I was like a glass of water - tall and thin with no shape (still and tall with no shape but not so thin anymore!).